The fruits of a long-time collaboration
In 2018 we built a new website for Cervélo, a world leader in creating fast, aerodynamic road and triathlon bikes. Since its founding, Cervélo’s core focus has been to engineer innovative, industry-leading bikes. They needed a website with a strong branding and marketing focus to complement their mission.View Live Site
Cervélo creates some of the fastest road and triathlon bikes in the world. They came to us wanting a new website that reinforced their position as industry-leaders. Specifically, their objectives included:
- A refined and strongly-branded web experience which incorporated their new brand identity.
- Making it easier for consumers to understand Cervélo’s product categories, their intended uses, and which is the best bike for them - Cervélo was aware that people had found it challenging to understand the differences between their bikes.
- Imagery and copy that tell Cervélo’s story in an engaging and relatable way.
- Targeting their key customer persona groups with strategic content.
Discovery: learning about everything Cervélo
Our first step was learning as much as we could about Cervélo: its people, values, objectives, technical constraints, consumer groups, and pain points. With in-person meetings, deep data analysis, and lots of research and reading, we developed a full picture of Cervélo and established the foundations of a close, collaborative relationship.
We worked closely with Cervélo’s in-house design team to bring their new branding to the interactive digital world. One of the major design goals was to help Cervélo’s audience better understand Cervélo’s offerings. Different text elements, the menu structure, and images are all used to tell a story about Cervélo’s different bike ranges.
The website is built on the new Magento 2 Enterprise platform. Magento is an open source ecommerce platform popular amongst medium to large enterprises. There are relatively few developers experienced in Magento 2, as it is a new beast that requires a substantially different approach to programming than other, older platforms.
It was an ambitious challenge. But with our clients’ trust and the hard work of our developers, we figured it out. VentureWeb’s dev team applied an agile development process, working in focussed sprints, and learnt the new way of programming. They created a highly customized user interface by developing plug-ins to create custom design and functionality.
The content project
Alongside the design and development processes, VentureWeb also created all new content for Cervélo’s new website. We worked closely with Cervélo’s marketing, product, and engineering teams to write copy that tells the Cervélo story and conveys the information their audience wants. Cervélo took a very hands-on role, and each key website page went through several rounds of review and editing.
- Website built on the Magento 2 Enterprise ecommerce platform
- Development of over 21 custom Bluefoot editor widgets
- Integration with Motionpoint, a translation service