We are seeking to hire a new team member to join us on a full-time basis to work on Shopify eCommerce projects at either our offices in Squamish, BC or remotely in Canada.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- 2+ years of Shopify focussed web development experience
- Proficiency with Shopify: Theme layer & liquid templating language, Shopify APIs, 3rd party themes and apps, store building and configuration
- An understanding of version control workflows, and Shopify’s GitHub integration
- Frontend development excellence: CSS, JS, HTML, Liquid and familiarity with frontend development frameworks
- A strong desire to invest in personal development
- A commitment to keeping up with what’s new in Shopify
- Experience with Shopify Admin APIs / custom app development
- Experience with React and frameworks like Next.js
- Experience with Headless Content Management (Sanity, Prismic)
- Experience with open source PHP content management platforms
Your Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Working as part of a team in all aspects of projects
- Meeting and communicating with clients and internal teams
- Working on new-build and ongoing maintenance projects
- Identifying opportunities for growth and improvement of existing client solutions
- Working with our marketing, design and UX teams to continually improve performance
- Participation with the wider team
VentureWeb is an Award Winning Digital Marketing Agency, based in Squamish BC. We are a small team of passionate adventurers who ride boards and bikes, scale mountains and play outside. We love creativity, design, code, brands and all things digital. The fusion of our collective passion is VentureWeb.
The fact that our agency is located in Squamish, BC – wedged between Vancouver’s new media hub and Whistler’s world-famous stomping grounds is no coincidence. The appreciation we have for adventure here motivates us to drill to the core of our clients’ business with the same enthusiasm. As a small, dynamic team we tailor our solutions to each individual client, and focus intensely on select projects. Rather than short term contracts we focus on long term relationships that allow us to make the biggest impact. We both live and work in the community we serve, believing strongly in the strength of collaboration and social responsibility.
Do we sound fun?
Send your resume and cover letter to hello [at] ventureweb [dot] net.
Agencies or outsourcing teams need not apply or contact us. Thanks.